Updates are posted as soon as they happen. Check here, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter to stay informed on all things KSAC!
- Ivonne Newberry-Rivera’s RWJF project has been approved.
- The Practice, Advocacy, Leadership and Executive teams updated their Strategic Plans and they were updated on the website.
- The 5th Annual Summer Summit was held on July 14th & 15th in Topeka, KS. There were 90 participants on Thursday and 78 on Friday. The keynote speaker was Dr. Nate Regier.
- Certificates of Completion were presented to the 21 KNLR residents who completed the entire program and gave Small Change Project presentations at the Summer Summit.
- AHEC offered 10.3 CNEs to those who attended the KSAC Summer Summit. CNEs were prorated to sessions attended.
- The KSAC had a 5th Anniversary celebration on July 14th to acknowledge the great things that have been accomplished.
- Jill Peltzer represented the KSAC at the RWJF Culture of Health Framework Summit in Knoxville, TN on July 14th.
- Dr. Cindy Teel is working on a KNLR Program Summary for Nursing Outlook.
- A Skills Inventory Survey was sent to the KNLR residents and mentors. It will sent again in 3 months.
- AHEC will offer CNEs to the residents who completed the KNLR program. Surveys were sent out to all residents to verify attendance at events.
-The KSAC, PNEK, and KNLR have a new Program Manger, Janet Unrein, who will start on May 9th. Janet can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Save the Date flyers were sent to all members of the KSAC on May 10th. The flyer was also sent to members of the KNA.
- Dr. Nate Regier has been confirmed to be the Key Note Speaker at the KSAC Summer Summit.
- Ivonne Rivera-Newberry is working on Public Health RWJF Culture of Health project related to Diabetes Care in Kansas and is asking for support from the KSAC.
- An Adobe Connect Session Putting Policy into Practice was recorded for the KNLR residents on May 26th. The session was then posted on Blackboard for those who were unable to attend in person.
- The KNLR Module 6 was launched on Blackboard on May 22nd.
- KNLR Module 3 opens on March 19th.
- The 1st webinar in the Leadership Team’s Nurses on Boards Series was recorded on March 26th and will posted on the website.
- The KSAC will have a booth at the Block Party on May 21st. We will disseminate information about the KSAC and will provide healthy snacks.
- The KSAC team received a grant from the Health Care Foundation.
- The final report for REACH foundation was submitted this month.
- The KSAC team also submitted a proposal for funding to the REACH foundation. We will provide an update as soon as we hear from them.
- Working on leadership webinar sessions: “Preparing Nurses to Serve on Boards.” The webinars will be launched in March 2016 and will be posted on the KSAC website as well as Facebook page.
PNEK/Kansas Nurse Leadership Residency (KNLR) Program
- The recruiting process for the initial cohort of the residency program was completed on 01/29/2016.
- PNEK team continues focusing its efforts on content for each module this month.
- A total of 36 applicants were accepted into the Kansas Nurse Residency (KNLR) Program.
- Black Board set up (through KU) and manual entry of residents, was completed this month.
- Working on designing the course in blackboard this month.
- Appointed a new regional leader for the South East region (previous leader took has taken a new position).
- Project manager/Program manager’s role in KNLR program to facilitate learning and answer resident’s questions during the KNLR program.
- Invitations and the Agenda for the 5th Annual Summer Summit were sent to all members of the KSAC.
-Dr. Marian Jamison recorded a Kansas Nurses on Board seminar titled “Finance Basics” on June 30th. 22 attendees were in attendance including 2 from other Action Coalitions.
- Jill Peltzer contacted The Kansas Nurse about the findings from the Kansas Nurse Faculty Intent to Retire Study results. The results will be published.
- The Module 7 final in-person meeting for KNLR was held on June 24th in all regions. The residents met with the regional leaders to discuss their small change projects. The residents were asked to add a final slide to their presentation that represented their vision of leadership.
- The Cultural Competency Institute is working on a Mission and Vision Statement.
- Interviews for a new Program Manager have begun. Nancy Meek resigned on April 11th.
- The Kansas Action Coalition has drafted and approved the new KSAC Bylaws. The bylaws will be posted on the website.
- The Executive team began looking for regional leaders for the Cultural Competency Institute.
- The KNLR Module 4 In-person meeting held in all regions on April 22nd.
- The KNLR Module 5 opened up on April 23rd.
- Since KSAC has been around for 5 years, the team is working on the development of bylaws. The bylaws will be KSAC’s operating manual which will provide guidelines about the team’s roles, duties, elections and appointments. We will provide an update as soon as these are complete.
- KSAC received funding ($50,000) from the REACH foundation. The purpose of the funding is building cultural competency.
PNEK/Kansas Nurse Leadership Residency (KNLR) Program
- PNEK team appointed a new regional leader for the South West region (previous leader has taken a new position)
- Email notice of acceptance to all residents and mentors sent out before 2/8/2016
- Leader Knowledge Skills Inventory (LKSI) link sent to mentors and residents to complete by 2/19/2016
-Team reviewed of KNLR program applicants summary completed
- Data analysis of LKSI completed
2 Reports sent out to regional leaders:
1. Summary of the KNLR nurse residents’ characteristics including working experience, specialty area of practice, education, and leadership roles
2. Report that provides the baseline of LKSI which was completed by the RN residents to self-evaluate their knowledge and skills prior to the beginning of the KNLR program as well as by their mentors
- Summary reports sent to regional leaders will be used to share LKSI results with residents in each region on Friday , February 26th
Confirmation of in-person meeting times, and locations for the launch of the KNLR program announced this month!
- NW Region –Hays in-person meeting will be at Sternberg Museum
- SW Region—Wichita in person meeting will be at Tabor College, School of Adult and Graduate Studies
- SE Region- Pittsburg in-person meeting will be at Cecilia Waggoner Room of McPherson Hall (the nursing building) at Pittsburg State University
- NE Region—Kansas City in-person meeting will be at 2023 Wescoe (2nd floor of Wescoe Building) University of Kansas.
KNLR Program Launched this month!